We at WINEGARD COMPANY (“Winegard” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide to us, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this website, our mobile sites, and through our mobile applications (our “Sites”).
- In email and other electronic messages with you.
- Through your use of Winegard products, cloud services, and connected devices (your “Devices”).
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites, services, and social media.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from our Sites.
Our Sites are not intended for children under 16 years of age and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on the Sites. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on our Sites or through any of their features, register on the Sites, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please immediately contact us at the email address or phone number below.Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Sites, including:
- Contact information or other information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, age, gender, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, zip code, and User IDs or other unique identifiers (”personal information”);
- Data concerning your Devices, including the serial number, retailer, purchase date, associated QR codes, connectivity, usage, and performance data;
- Information that is necessary to deliver services to you, including the Global Positioning System (GPS) location of the Device used to connect to our Sites or services, camera data, voice command data, and product log data;
- Information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as the product registration information you have provided and aggregate or anonymized connectivity and usage data; and/or
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Sites, and usage details, including automatically recorded times and dates of visits to the Sites.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through our Sites and advertisements or use your Device(s). Information collected automatically may include connectivity and usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners and vendors.
The information we collect on or through our Sites may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Sites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Sites, registering your Devices, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Sites.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Sites, including information collected in fulfillment of your orders.
As you navigate through and interact with our Sites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Sites, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Sites.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Information about any Device you use to connect to our Sites, including the Global Positioning System (GPS) location of the Device.
The information we collect automatically helps us to improve our Sites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Offer you services based upon your GPS location.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Sites according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Sites.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Sites may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Sites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Sites and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons that permit Winegard, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Sites and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including offers or ads through our Sites or our partners, and via email or text messages with your consent.
- To evaluate and improve the performance of our products and your Devices.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Sites or any services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt-out.Messages from Us
Upon registering with our services, you may begin receiving communications from us. If you have signed up for any of our automated account services, you may receive transactional emails, text messages, or push notifications regarding the status of your account, confirmations, notices of expiration and renewal and other related electronic correspondence. You may stop receiving emails and text messages by following the “Unsubscribe” or “Stop” instructions located near the bottom of each message. To stop receiving push notifications, please adjust the settings on your smart phone, tablet, or other device.Disclosure of Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and provide services to you.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Winegard’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Winegard about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To improve our resources used to deliver information about our products and services.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Winegard, our customers, or others.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by emailing us at the address below.
- Promotional Offers from Winegard. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Winegard to promote our own services, you can opt-out by emailing email@example.com.
- Connectivity and Usage Data. In general, the connectivity and usage data we collect is necessary for the connectivity and full operation of your Devices. If we provide you the choice to disable certain types of connectivity and usage data, you acknowledge and agree that disabling such data may materially affect the performance of your Devices, including but not limited to disabling the Device.
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit our Privacy Notice for California Residents [URL].
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at 3000 Kirkwood Street, Burlington, IA 52601.Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Sites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Sites.Contact Information
3000 Kirkwood Street
Burlington, IA 52601